Thursday, September 20, 2007

失くしたものすべて 愛したものすべて この手に抱きしめて 現在は何処を彷徨い行くの

Looking at everything that I've lost
And almost everything that I've loved
I'll hold them all tightly in my arms
Wondering where I am, so please tell me where to go

This stanza has always struck deep. Why, I do not know. But these days it seems to be pretty close.

Where do I wander off to now, holding in my arms all I've lost and loved?

Sometimes, don't you, well I don't know about you, but I do, wish .. Why can't I be a tad more popular? A tad more sophisticated? Have fifty billion friends in my Facebook? If person A can be so popular, why can't I be?

But of course, you know, deep down, that you're not that kind of person. Not the kind to maintain tonnes of friends, to say hi to everyone ... etc.

There is a Fortress of Solitude (not Superman's!), constructed long ago, during the Dark Times™, it has been years. Cracks are showing.

Too tired sometimes to think of walking alone. But we all do. Those who say they have friends, god etc are merely deluding themselves. At the end of it all, we are alone.

掌上明珠,去了哪儿?

It has gone, first, curled up in a corner, sad, as what Lu Ru Ping said (in the TV series), let me hide in a corner to lick my wounds, like an animal (well something like that). But now it has died.

Poor little sad thing, it'll never come to pass.

The Fort is failing, and there precious Angel who'd come has stayed away.

Can't keep like this for long.

3 comments:

  1. personally, i just want one real companion. someone who will be there when i need her. no need 50 billion strangers in facebook lar.

    anyway, if u want to walk, just call me. i should be available (as long as i'm not sick like last nite) ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great you are going through a period of soul-searching and finding out what it is in life you seek. Is popularity with fifty billion friends (albeit impersonal) something you desire? If that is, then you just have to come up with a plan and execute it. It is just that simple, really!

    Do not let others decide for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds complicated.. :) Facebook is bo liao la.. i tried a few times, and everytime i went in, I came out with a headache.. throwing virtual sheep? buying and receiving drinks that you can't drink? i want real drinks! let's go out for a couple of REAL drinks sometime in the near future..:P

    ReplyDelete