Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Two things

Happened today.. (3 if you count this blogging event!)

1 - I received my first cold call. Woot.
It was for an SI position.. and she didn't bat an eyelid when I quoted my price. However.. sadly I had to decline the offer.. Why? Well cos I don't really want to do SI anymore. I have the (mistaken!?) belief that I can do more, better, than write custom apps for users... Well unless I'm designing the user experience... then that's another thing.

2 - I have found .. I believe.. my light.
Yes! I think I've found my career direction!
Sadly.. I'm still at novice level for that.. . hopefully I can find the opportunities and work towards it... ^^v

1 comment:

  1. Never do SI. As my boss told me, SI philosophy is to get more for less.

    Furthermore, SI work is one of the most outsourceable job in the chain.

    Hmm, novice level? You can't be talking about trading right? Like somebody said, he wanna be a hotshot trader. :P

    ReplyDelete