Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Poem 3

I think of you, a faint silhouette,
as I walk these streets, cold, dark,
and you appear, my double, my heart,
laughing and holding my numb fingers.

Did you know you were there, my dear?
Threading softly through morning light,
Bumping against me; purpose or accident?
You giggle and look away--red-stained lips.

I lay in silence, blanketed by inky night,
Do you want to see me? The words devour.
I grip the sheets, eyes clenched--free me.
Your soft touch, lightning across my skin.

Did you know you were there, my dear?
The heat of flesh, blood, and breath,
slipping around me, through me--save me.
You tremble and surrender--dark eyes flash.

I think of you, an enigmatic smile,
woven in skeins of memory and dream,
dancing, coy, beyond my short reach,
as you map a geography of my mind,

Did you know you were there, my dear?
Sweet mouth pursed, dark hair falling,
Consuming my dreams, claiming my mind,
As I whisper words, ragged, into your ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment