Friday, November 10, 2006

Expectations

It's happening again, the slow creep as I lower my guard. Again I find that the expectations I have of people are not met. But then again, one shouldn't have any expectations. That's the penultimate, but we are but common folk. To me, expectations ties in with the closeness of the relationship. As relationship points increase, there's kinda an increase in the expectation meter, and while I do not really expect the same returns, at least somewhat the same level. But then again, maybe I shouldn't expect too much from people.

Guess it's my fault, same as what happened with retri in previously. Too much expectation. Things generally get better without that, although emotional attachment will definitely decrease. It's somewhat like what's going to happen with D I suppose, that is, IF I ever see her again. Don't really have any expectations of her, but if ever she needs help I'll help based on our history together, but just without any emotions.


Still, time to school the feelings and re-evaluate situations, re-establish new benchmarks, write up new protocols. Should endeavour not to let it happen again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, sorry to hear that you're going through a rough patch there. I think it's difficult to escape disappointments when one has expectations, and never having expectation is already tough, not to mention adding in the desire to give unconditionally. Life is too short for such things I feel, so just play it your way! :) There's nothing wrong with that-just give when you like and not when it's 'expected'.

    ReplyDelete