Monday, June 18, 2007

Of boys and men

So today, I learnt that a long time friend of mine transferred servers. Well this fact was not entirely unexpected, and logically it's a good move for him (for me too). However, the way it was done, and the way it ended... Would be lying if I said I didn't feel meh about it.

It started out as a disagreement, with me ending up ignoring him for a bit. It was a bad run, and I felt bad as my abilities were called to question. As a healer, it always feels bad when someone dies, whether through my own negligence or his own nubbishness. But anyways, so he sends a message about "this is my last msg to you" etc etc. And well, even though I apologised and threw the ball into his court, he didn't respond. Well so there, can't expect me to keep messaging him and stuff right? I have my own ego and pride too.

Actually, come to think of it, he reminds me of.. .well, me. Well past me. In the past I would do that too, once the gates were slammed down, that offending person would be thrown out of the Court (so to speak). Contacts, phone book .. etc would be erased and thrown out.

Good thing I've evolved since then, time and experience make good temperance. Lost a dear friend due to that, and that will always eat at me <_<. One of the people I cared about .. she tossed the ball into my court and I didn't return it... Well, fact was I didn't know how to do it, was too prideful then. Sigh.

So yeah, he reminds me of past me. At least I've evolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment