Monday, June 18, 2007

Sucky Singnet

So last month dear ISP Singnet sent a snail mail to me. Congratulations! In an effort to serve you, our distinguished customer better, we're going to bump up your 1.5mpbs connection to 3mpbs! For free! You don't need to pay a penny more! (Rephrase mine)

Contrary to nubs, who would rejoice and say yes! Omg! Singnet is the greatest! I was instantly aware of problems ahead, thanks to a similar move made by Starhub last year when I was on cable.

So the end of the month came and I got bumped up to 3mbps.

Any difference?

No.

Well there is... surfing became really slow. Just last week I would take 1 minute to render a wiki page on Firefox. Some pages are completely unloadable, giving the connection reset, or (in IE's case, a blank white page). Other websites have suffered a similar fate, having numerous connection reset messages, which I have to press refresh a few times to get it to connect to properly.

Oh you say, why not just use the proxy? It's faster and it loads the pages!

But it's dumb. I cannot type "google" into Firefox with the proxy set up. It would just give me a "Page not found .. not in proxy blah page".

Filed a complaint to Singnet. Wiki is like, well the basic basic access... If I can't even go to Wiki ....

Well lets say I'm perfectly aware of when my contract with them expires.

2 comments:

  1. baaah
    shall i mention that my coy is using SINGNET.

    and whole of last friday, thank gawd i was on leave, the internet was down from morn till 5++pm. can imagine my kols' suffering.

    bah. and a couple of splutterings during the last week too. like dead in morning 10am then alive at 2pm. that sort.

    grr. /goes after s*n*t*l

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you guys nv pay ISP bills

    But since I using singnet too, YAR! They damn suck..

    Yet hor
    Yesterday my wiki seems fine liao .. huzzah! No more 1 min loading times -_-

    ReplyDelete