Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Poem 2

Soft waves blanket an expanse of dark sea,
I stand on the far shore, tears in my eyes,
would that distant bird, soaring, but be me,
beating slow wings, wind masking my cries.

The moon is your lover, in his arms you rest,
he cradles you gently, I spite him his chance,
soft light caresses you, worships your breast,
shimmers your hair, around your neck does dance.

In silence I fly thru these dim shores of night,
thoughts of you piercing the thin veil of sleep,
I search for a map, some magisterial height,
from which to spot your glimmer, lighting the deep.

Alone, I circle, feathers chilled by dim dreams,
until your warmth pulls me near, a thin light,
dispelling the darkness, silencing the screams,
causing nightmare to retreat from the sight.

Delicately you sleep, soft breath stirring your hair,
Nightdress tenderly cupping your flesh so sweet,
I catch your scent, mysterious, in the still night air,
memories of love, laughter, and summertime heat.

To you flowers I'd offer, colorful, and fair,
Roses to match your lips, peach blossoms your skin,
Your moth wing eyebrows, spun silk your hair,
For though tired are my wings, so sweet is your grin.

I gaze upon you fearfully, lest swiftly you fade,
my fire, my light, my lantern from the shore,
like a solitary match against the dark parade,
I hold it tight, though it burns my fingers sore.

And now, soft dawn upon this scene does shine,
I lament bittery, wishing this once not to fly,
she stirs gently, so softly, this sweet girl of mine,
longing in my heart, I spread my wings and cry.

But I know she'll soon wake, leaving dreams to the night,
her eyes will widen, and her thoughts will then freeze,
for what is resting gently, so gently on her soft thigh,
but a warm little feather, caught in the morning breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment