Monday, January 01, 2007

Pelmont City .. or the City of Eternal Night

Finished NFS: Carbon today (well not everything is unlocked, but career is done!).

The final mission took many tries, and I still have a sore thumb from hammering on the accelerator. To defeat a boss, you have to run a canyon race with him. A canyon race is made of 2 parts, the 1st part has you behind the boss, and you'll have to keep within 100 metres of the boss as the both of you twist around the canyon. If you get too far away for > 10 seconds, you'll lose. If you manage to overtake for more than 10 seconds, you win. The closer you stick to the boss's car from start to the completion of the race, you'll get more points. Hmm odd sentence, but then again I'm partially distracted .. watching Family Guy =p

Anyway, in the 3rd case, once the first run finishes, the same race will take place, but with you this time in the lead, and the boss's car following you. If he gets more points than you did on the earlier run, you lose.

Naturally if you fall off the canyon you lose.

Anyways I did that for more than half an hour. Finally managed to defeat the boss. Phew.

Carbon is one of the best NFS games I've played so far. Much better than UG 1 and 2, heh. UG 2 sucked actually. So far my favourite NFS games are Porsche Unleashed and maybe NFS 2, heh. However one of my favourite racing games is still Mercedes Racing. Forgot the exact name =p but it featured only Mercs and had really nice tracks and challenges. Remember racing down the professional race tracks and nice scenic places. UG racing can get dull sometimes as the city scape flashes past you all the time =p

Hmm Come to think of it maybe I should dig up my Merc racing again, heh.

Anyhoo, what struck me since the days of UG, was that Pelmont City was creepy. I drive, and drive, and drive ... but I never see the light of day. Nor do I see any pedestrians around. There's nubby cars around like white Toyota Corollas, but no people walking around at all. Such a cold lonely city shrouded in eternal night!

Haiz, graphics card's still acting up. Sigh, dunno what's wrong with it, maybe I should just buy a new one, make it an Nvidia this time. No more @(*&$(@ ATI. Grrr. =\ Don't even feel like RMAing it .. sigh, but maybe I should. Sigh.

Bah, poor thumb <_< Need to recover after all that wild driving =p

Jacket potatoes tomorrow (hopefully!)!

In other news, have to email CTC within this week <_< Time is short.

This week should be exciting ^^

Inc TT! Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment